Baby fell and hit his head behind: 6 danger signs to be wary of
Children are inherently active, so the problem of frequent falls will be unavoidable. However, these seemingly light bumps can cause a serious head injury. Therefore, parents are absolutely not subjective, neglecting small accidents in daily activities, leading to serious consequences for the baby.
Falls are often severe when falling down a few steps of stairs, falling from a table to a hard floor, falling from the bed to a hard surface or hitting the side of the bed with your head. So is the baby falling on the backside dangerous? What should parents do when a child falls on the back? Join Huxdu to find out the correct way to handle the right way when a child falls and hits their parents' head!
When the baby fell and hit his head back when dangerous?
Usually, when the head falls behind, it is difficult to predict which brain injury is benign or dangerous. However, parents may notice some of the brain injury warning signs below and quickly bring their child to hospital.
Where the baby is unconscious
If a child falls and hits the ground for even a few seconds, the force of the impact can still be strong enough to cause a hematoma. So, when parents see the unconscious child, immediately take it to the medical facility for examination and diagnosis.
The child is still awake after being knocked down on his head, but after a while there are unusual signs such as irritability, lethargy, poor contact. Specifically, the baby can not focus on the mother or father, does not look the other person's eyes, does not follow the requirements set out or does not recognize relatives in the family, ...
Vomiting 3 or more times
After a child has a fall in their head, even without traumatic brain injury, many babies may still vomit once or twice, from crying, coughing or simply by the impact of the skull. Parents should note that if the baby vomits within the first few hours after a fall, only give the baby water or breast milk and should not give the baby solid food. However, if the child vomits 3 or more times, it is a dangerous sign and parents should immediately take the child to the doctor.
Babies with a head fall may complain of dizziness after the fall. This is not dangerous. However, if the baby is out of balance, the characteristic manifestation is that the baby falls up and down when walking, parents need to take the baby to see the doctor as soon as possible. When your baby plays, keep an eye on whether the baby can function as usual (sitting upright, walking steadily, moving his arms and legs normally) or staggering, dragging legs, disorientation, ... If the baby has not If they can walk, watch for anything unusual when they sit, crawl or use their arms, if they are fussy and cry a lot and cannot comfort them.
Children have signs of squinting, irises on both sides of the baby, they stumble or dive into objects as if they cannot see them within 24 hours after falling. Older children can see blurred vision, double vision (double vision). Bleeding or drainage from the nostrils or ears. Parents should immediately bring their child to the nearest facility when these signs appear.
Sleep a lot
Babies tend to fall asleep after falling, making it difficult for parents to monitor their child's consciousness. If your baby falls in the evening, or near naps, it can be difficult to tell if he is sleeping because of the time or because of the injury. If you cannot keep your baby awake, let the baby sleep, but need close monitoring, every 2 hours.
In some cases, despite traumatic brain injury, the child does not show any symptoms at the visit, so the doctor will be sent home. Parents need to ensure that they continue to monitor their health for a few days after that, take their children to the doctor if there are signs such as irritability, headache, nausea or vomiting, lethargy, difficulty awakening, convulsions, abnormal movements, difficulty walking, ... If during the time of monitoring, the baby does not show any abnormalities, it will not be worrying.
Measures to prevent the risk of children falling head-on
- Take safety measures at home: To minimize dangerous areas within your own home, be wary of ways such as installing safety doors on the aisle and below stairs as well as installing screens. window safety. It is best to do this before toddlers take the first step.
- Always wear a helmet and safety gear when cycling, rollerblading, skateboards, skiing or skating. Wearing a helmet on the head reduces the rate of head injuries by about 85%.
- Children in a hammock or crib should be shielded from falling to the floor when changing positions. The hammock tie of the child needs to be firm, gently shake it.
- Never leave child alone on a tall object such as a bed, changing table or high chair. Especially for children who are new to crawling, crawling, standing, walking, ...
- Always fasten seat belts in the stroller and on a high chair or baby changing table
- Keep climbable objects away from windowed areas so that babies cannot climb and open doors (even if windows have protective screens)
- Limit use of walkers as baby may fall out or fall down stairs.
- Always practice safe playgrounds. Watch your baby while playing outside and keep him within reach of your arms when placed on a high surface.
- If you have a play mat or swings in the yard, line the bottom and around with soft material to minimize the impact of a fall.
- If there is vibration, shock occurs, keep your child's mood relaxed and rest. Do not play sports until the doctor says it is (if the brain is concussed while it is healing, it will take a much longer time to heal.)
- For school-aged children, it is necessary to explain to them the causes, consequences and ways to avoid accidents.
- The most convenient is to buy a protective pillow behind the head of Huxdu for your baby. For example Head Safe BabyCare ; Head Safe Animal ; Head Safe Insect
If parents are subjective before the child falls on the ground, not paying attention to the child's abnormal manifestations, it can lead to serious consequences. Therefore, it is necessary to be careful in caring for and raising children, to avoid the risk of falls, injury for the baby. At the same time, when you see signs of abnormalities after your baby falls and hits the back, you should bring your baby to visit immediately.